Friday
I finished the book I had been reading today. It is called “My Sister’s Keeper” (it was recently turned into a movie). Although it has many references to sex, drugs, alcohol, and drugs, it is also filled with humanity, heart, and life. Following the life of a thirteen year old girl who decides to sue her parents for the right to her own body, the novel is written from the perspective of several people, making it a fascinating read. Anna was conceived to be a genetic match for her sister, who is dying of leukemia. All her life, she has given blood, bone marrow and had countless operations to help save her sister, but now she wants to stop. Following a fascinating ethical issue, this is the kind of novel that leaves you both hungry for more, filled with questions, but also satisfied with the answers you have. It is the type of novel that has me praying for the characters, even though I tell myself that that is silly – they are purely fictional. It is the type of novel that leaves you teary but oh so happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment