Welcome friends and family

Have a look around to find out what I am up to here in New Zealand!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Back at the Crossing!!!

Back in Geraldine after two days of travel! I made it on all my flights. Ironically, the only portion of my trip that glitched was the only confirmed part! I was supposed to take the bus to Methven and I was going to meet up with Ben and Robert there and hopefully get a ride back with them to Geraldine on Monday. Unfortunately, I was waiting for the bus at the wrong spot and so I missed it. But the lady at the travel information desk was super helpful and booked a hostel for me in Christchurch and a bus to Geraldine on Saturday. And it turned out to be a really good thing because Ben and Robert had run out of cash and were tired of travelling and so they never went to Methven but instead pitched their ‘tent’ on the grass on the side of the road outside of the Crossing. (Their ‘tent’ consisted of a tarp and a piece of carpet for a mattress.) So it was a pretty cool God-incidence that I didn’t make it to Methven! I guess this is God’s way of reminding me that His plans are far greater than my plans!

And as an extra bonus, Dale and Patti called up a lady from the church who let me stay at her hostel at almost no cost! And she even has been providing me with meals over the weekend!

Hanna let us move back into the crossing a day early since we were back in town. So Ben, Robert and I have been helping out a bit with some of the cleaning like making of beds and vacuuming (And I got to short sheet a bed!).

Cam just walked into the library, and Joel and Jonas are here (And Joel got a haircut!!!). Everyone should be here by supper tonight, I can’t wait!!!

4 comments:

  1. Fifteen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in this post alone! (like it`s factorial!) Cool! Benjamin says 1.308 x 10^12 = 15!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You short-sheeted a bed! I'm so proud. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are back and like your dad said above, I am glad to see that you are excited to be there. I like the little God-incidence you mentioned.

    I hope things keep going well for you

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading about your time in New Zealand and your notes on what you are learning.
    Glad that you got home to your family at Christmas.
    Aunt Barbara

    ReplyDelete